This is the most common question I have been getting from people; Am I bored? I have been at the hospital now for 3 weeks on bed rest with another 3.5 weeks to go. Many people have told me that they would go crazy and be miserable. That they would not know what to do with themselves. I know that probably many people get sad and depressed being confined because I have had 2 social workers and 2 staff from pastoral care come and visit me.
I am pleased to report that I am neither bored nor sad. That is not to say that every day is roses. I do miss my house and sleeping in my own bed. I miss sleeping next to #1 and kissing him goodnight and good morning. I miss cooking and decorating and doing other house stuff, even cleaning! But for the most part, I am doing well and keeping busy.
So what have I been doing?
I would say that first and foremost a lot of my time has been spent blogging. I have written many posts (and drafts), updated my blog, researched about blogging, commented on other bloggers sites, and read many other blog posts. I am completely up to date on all the blogs I am following as well. All of this has really kept me extremely occupied. It is amazing how hours go by when you are in the computer.
Then we have pinterest. Another time sucker. I think I will have to do a post on some of my favorite pinterest finds.
|Follow me - click on link on sidebar!|
Other things I have done:
- Walk down to see the newborn babies just a few minutes old (my favorite past time)
- Write thank you notes
- Talk to friends
- Email friends
- Read books - You can now rent books for Kindle
- Go through medical receipts and paperwork for taxes
- Update finances spreadsheet
- Visitors - #1 is here as much as possible and sometimes spends the night, plus my SIL, niece, nephew and friends stop by
- Ultrasounds - I get 2 a week. By the time I have this baby I think I will have had over 20 ultrasounds. I will be an expert pretty soon at reading them.
- Doctor visits - Usually 3 doctors visit me per day. Sometimes briefly, but still a distraction
- Nurses - my nurses come in at least 4 times a day to take vitals and check up. Since I see the same ones often, many times we chat for a while. I know how long they have worked here, where they worked before, which ones have kids, what their kids are doing, when they have parent-teacher conferences, whose husband is traveling, what they do on their days off, etc.
- Beauty - paint nails, blow dry/curl my hair, give myself a homemade facial mask with honey and yogurt
- Shop online - I actually do not do this too much, but I have ordered a few necessities
- Movies/documentaries - I actually have only watched one documentary. The nice thing is that it was free on Amazon Prime
- TV - for me this has been a last resort. I really don't watch much TV during the day. But it is nice to have it there and I do watch in the evenings.